Thursday, April 15, 2010

Figuring out a blog

A friend sent me a message today and in it she said something to the effect of how another friend should "get over it because it happened 30 years ago." That really freaked me out. To think that I have reached an age where anything in my past could be referred to as having happened 30 years ago... holy God, am I getting old!

As if I needed another example of my advancing maturity (or lack thereof), I created a blog today. I didn't do it so much because I have so many pearls of wisdom to share as I did because everyone else seems has one. (I did indicate that there might be a lack of maturity in me, so don't look so surprised!)

The trick now will be to see if I can figure out how to use it. After all, I have a degree in Communication, so you'd think I have some sort of natural affinity for any form of communication, right? Wrong! If I didn't have a ten year old, I doubt I'd even know how to answer my BlackBerry! The next trick will be to see if I have anything to say worth reading about... I may have to make some shit up.

Ooops! I should have warned you that as the child of a sailor, I come by my skill and ease of swearing quite naturally... I'll try to behave. I am a college graduate after all and they say that apparently I should have an extensive vocabulary of other, less vulgar, words at my disposal. We shall see.... just like we'll see how this whole blogging thing works out!

Thanks for reading my blog.... Hopefully with luck and some effort on my part, there will be posts here that are interesting enough to share with your friends and who knows... maybe, just maybe, one of your friends will say "Cindy said WHAT???"

6 comments:

  1. F*&^ go for it! (pardon my French) I dare you to raise your fist to the conventionalism of everything and make the tongues wag in shock and damnation! What did I just say???
    KUDOS for daring to be different! At the end of it you can say 'been there done that' and get some laughs out of it! I look forward to seeing what comes of it then discussing it with you over several drinks (that should be interesting).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your written thoughts, so blog away, Cin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. now I'm dying to know...what was it you're supposed to get over that happened 30 years ago? Gosh Cyn, has it really been THAT LONG ago?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the encouragement! I just want to caution everyone not to read blogs while driving. What if this turns out to be a real snooze? I don't want to be responsible for anyone falling asleep while driving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You decided to do it; start your own blog! And what a good writer you are,too. Good for you. And, yes, Cindy, you do have something to say and I'm glad to listen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you blog Cindy -- Gen Quan Simmons

    ReplyDelete