Monday, May 17, 2010

God is Testing Me (Again)

Every now and then, I am privy to an occurrence that fortifies my belief in God and the truth in the words, "God is not sleeping!"

I have been in a rotten mood for several weeks, mostly because of a frustrating situation that has been beyond my power to control. (And fortunately, no one has had the stupidity to have said "Yes, but you can control how you react to it," because seriously, someone would have been smacked!)

It has even affected my desire to write for my blog. I didn't want my postings to be full of doom and gloom, but it has been next to impossible to come up with anything lighthearted.

It has been such a challenge to constantly take the high road in this situation, when what I've really wanted to do was veer off the road and run someone over. It also hasn't helped that I am not alone in this mess, which typically you'd think would mean that my misery has had company and that might be a good thing. Not in this case.

When you're frantically trying to keep your happy thoughts together as they go skittering and scattering across the room, the company of a similar mindset can often be counterproductive to the situation. I'm trying to tell myself "It's okay, let it go, let it go" while my partners are screaming, "Off with her head!!!" Next thing, I'm wielding an axe, roaming the premises with a crazed look in my eye! Not good, folks!

So while I have been mentally beating myself up for allowing this situation to get the better of me, God has been watching all along.

Over the weekend, I was told that the person who has been responsible for creating all this drama was going to bring it to a loud and potentially nasty end this morning. Not exactly an event to look forward to, but as I said, this has been out of my control and I've just been rolling with the punches. So, I show up this morning, ready to get punched and come to find out that God has indeed arranged for a beating... of the one who actually deserves it!

Can you imagine what it feels like, getting called to the carpet for what you think is about to be a tongue lashing, only to get an apology and a "good work" pat on the back instead? And as if that wasn't enough, the cake gets iced with some delicious "the guilty will be hang" frosting!!!

So, I have gone from desperately trying to remain calm and cheerful to desperately trying not to gloat and march around with my chest puffed out in vindication... not a very Christian display, but God does enjoy His jokes as He tests my resolve.

What a great way to start the week. I feel hopeful and in the best of spirits. If I get money today, then this day will have been perfect! Either way, it goes to show that trying to do the mature thing does pay off and that God is wide awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment